Friday, June 27, 2008

The fat of the land

As a poor college student, it's my responsibility to take advantage of every opportunity for free food that presents itself. This includes things like free coffee day at ABP and scavenging various conferences and such that occur throughout the office. Rarely do these charitable events line up with those days that I forget to bring lunch. Today is not one of those days.

It's just after one. I consumed the granola bar I brought for an afternoon snack at 11:55AM. Am I going to make it all the way until 5? I don't think I ever properly judge what I need to bring with me for the day. Why did I forget my lunch today?? In all reality, I could just leave and buy something if I am truly starving (but I should really put this all in perspective; I've definitely never been actually starving). But why spend money? I took myself out to a jazz club last night (interestingly enough, the band came up to me afterwards, presumably because I was such a good audience member/I was sitting practically in their laps). The club was great, albeit expensive, and this job doesn't pay enough to warrant eating lunch out anywhere for the next, oh, five weeks.

*grumble grumble*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The band came up to you?!?! Awesome!! I know jazz clubs = $$ and I may not even have a job during the school year but we have to go now and then :)

I'm sorry about your forgotten lunch :( I look forward to lunch every day...though there may be reasons for that that are unrelated to food ;) hehe

Unknown said...

Wait, the Brubeck Brothers came up to you after? Awesome!!

Hmmm...free coffee... =)