Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rule #1

You must always appear to have a task at hand so difficult that your attention absolutely cannot be distracted for any length of time for any reason whatsoever. Only in this way can you keep from being assigned those monotonous tasks you should save for the interns.

Oh, wait...boring and pointless is in my job description. I'll be spending the summer here in good old Van Pelt. I think the worst part is that I really really like to have a lot of work to do. Seriously. I would much rather be slightly on the overwhelmed side so I can multi-task (and I don't mean chatting with friends). I'm starting to realize that maybe office work just isn't for me. Can't I go outside and play while the weather's nice?

Not that there aren't perks to this...here I am, starting a blog for the first time in a couple years (except for the band blog, of course, but I haven't really kept up on that), and I'm determined not to get overly emotional this time. Not that I was overly emotional before, it's just that I was young and cared to write about things like "dating." And yes, I do mean the word "dating" to be in quotes.

Back to work...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, not gonna talk about dating co-workers on this blog? How about "lunch" with co-workers? Hahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I definitely did mean the word lunch to be in quotes.

Becca said...

I like the polka dots! It is very you.

I hope you post a lot so I have something to read :) I will also endeavor to respond as much as you do on mine!

Also, great labels. When you have more you should add them the sidebar. It will just be a list of curse words or words which convey frustration.

Anonymous said...

The thing is, I really DO want to have a lot to work on... I want things to figure out and accomplish... not to avoid monotonous tasks but to avoid actually having nothing to do and feeling useless and then awkward cuz I have to bother Matt to explain the next thing to me. lol oh work.