Thursday, June 26, 2008

That after vacation blues

This blog is pathetic so far. I posted once complaining about never having anything to do (which was really the point of this blog to begin with), and then, by some miracle, I actually had things to accomplish before I took a short vacation to my parents' house.

But now I am back, so both of you [who read my blog] can rejoice.

Yesterday was my first day in the office since the previous Wednesday. It's strange to think that I actually got away for a while. The mass of work I expected upon my return was, of course, nonexistent. I tried to make the best of it by organizing what little I could into a much more important-looking pile. Then I un-arranged it and spread everything out on the desk before reorganizing it into the original pile. I was incredibly productive. I caught up on the six days of the New York Times that I'd missed (because who really wants to read the paper when there is a finite amount of time to spend with one's family and high school friends?) and hoped that I wouldn't get eye cancer from staring at the computer screen all day every day.

We're ordering some stuff for work today (I'd rather not give specifics since this job is oh-so top secret). It wasn't the first time I've been consulted about something, but it certainly seems that way. Of course, I am just about the most wishy-washy person who ever lived, so I was really of no use. I can't say too much, but soon enough I'll have a heavier hand in all of this business. I guess then I won't have as much time to blog about all of the nothing I'm doing because I'll be getting real work to do! Yessss. But really, anything would be better than feeling like a waste of space.

It's 1pm(ish). I could make some calls and solicit some donations. Oh, excuse me, not solicit, request. I'm so looking forward to hearing the slam of the phone on the other end. Ok, actually the beep of the cordless as it's disconnected. I've definitely seen that in a stand-up comedy routine before.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I like the strategic bold words!

Anonymous said...

Re: eye cancer - I must be doomed; I not only stare at a computer all day for my summer internship, but given my major, I'll be doing it for the rest of my life! (Or at least until retirement.)
Re: consulting - I wish they'd consult me at work...not that I'd have any clue what they're talking about.

ps: I absolutely love your writing style. It is hilariously entertaining. Write more!! :)