I am visually challenged.
Not my actual eyesight (although truthfully that's not so great either), but I have zero spatial/designing/etc. capabilities. I mean, they're practically negative. I could take a perfectly decent page and ruin it with one foul sweep of my hand or misplaced picture. It's really not good.
Today I was called upon to help out with this stuff for the first time. I really think I've failed miserably. It was sent back to me once, and I have a feeling there will be about a dozen repeats. So why do they keep asking? I mean, seriously, if I'm no good (and I know I'm no good), why make me keep working on it? Why not just find someone who is actually qualified?
Good question.
2 comments:
Two valid reasons for using you:
1. They want you to improve. If they make you do this stuff over and over again, you're bound to get better. And then after awhile they can rely on you to get it right more often.
2. Even if you're terrible, it's easier for them to make you put something together, they can criticize it, and then make you change things. It's much more difficult for them to actually put it together themselves. So your grunt work is helping to clear their heads and allowing them to make the criticisms they need to make without the distraction of actually doing work.
sigh...the word "design" is in the name of my major and i'm afraid i'm really not very good at it either. i really wish i was better. :(
and i think i can understand your frustration.... i absolutely hate when i feel that i can't do something (in a job) to the satisfaction of the person who assigned it to me. and i just want to give up and my mind automatically rushes ahead to thinking i'm going to fail in all of life.. it's pretty bad.
Post a Comment