Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Initiative

I have done actual work today.  No, really, I have.  But sometimes it just so happens that I finish all the good stuff really really ridiculously early, and so here I am, typing away on a blog that very few people read.  I have nothing to add.  That's it.

Why is it so difficult to make myself stay at work all the way until 5?  I don't need to rush off anywhere (except maybe to the gym because I'm so antsy from sitting all day).  I just keep looking at the clock and wondering, will anyone really notice/care if I'm gone?  It's not like I get here late in the mornings.  In fact, today I was early (ok, so that's not so uncommon).  So don't I deserve a little more time to myself in the afternoon?  45 minutes.  That's not so long to wait.

I wish I was making more money this summer.  My big plan to save up for the school year is sort of going to be a failure.  On the bright side, I am supporting myself (for the most part), and that's a pretty cool feeling.  I'm glad that I'll be paying my own rent and pretending to be a grown-up.  Believe it or not, I think I'll actually be able to save more money during the school year.  Sure I have expenses, but I don't think I'll be eating away from home as much (I'm going to make people come over and cook with me!).  I don't know.  I guess I have saved a little.  All I could really ask for for the summer was that I subsist on what I make, and I've done that.

Is today only Wednesday?  It's not that I don't like to come into work, it's that I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey becca, i'm reading your blog! or, i am as of today anyways. i think i may need to get a blogger site in addition to the livejournal one that i already have, with all you people starting blogs here. stay strong! fight the boredom! i'll talk to you soon :)

Anonymous said...

haha....i DO get to work late in the mornings and then i have to stay late to compensate. though i know what it's like to want to leave (haha...with the exception of one reason i do like going to work, which you know about, lol) even though i don't have much to get home to.
also i think you are pretty grown up...more so than i am. i honestly admire that about you :)