Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Uncertain Future

I've started looking for internships for next summer.  It's something that I honestly do need to think about, and what better time than here at work where no one has anything for me to do.  But I'm getting a little worried.  I can't seem to find anything.  Admittedly, I've only been looking for a half hour or forty-five minutes, but there doesn't seem to be anything along the lines that I want.  I want to go abroad.  I want to be paid for working.  I can't afford not to be paid.  What am I going to do??

If anyone has any ideas...please please please let me know.

2 comments:

Tristan said...

Personally, I don't think it's something you have to worry about yet. Most internships aren't available this far in advance, so you'll have better luck in a few months. No reason to stress... yet.

Anonymous said...

haha, did i ever tell you about the night i freaked out during last spring semester and stayed up for hours frantically scouring the internet for an internship/job/anything? i kept feeling inadequate because of all the cool jobs i found that i didn't have the knowledge for. yet somehow i ended up at dow jones. not that it's turning my life around but it's probably a good thing.
as for working abroad, that sounds amazing, but i don't have much of a clue how to start looking for that kind of thing. except that you should watch for the zillions of emails they send about things like that (unless that's just engineering?)